Friday 28 August 2009

If Only It Would RAIN.....

OK, I'm not saying it never rains here in Timaru, New Zealand. But, if you google Timaru, you'll notice something straight away - it's on the east coast of the South Island. Cold Fronts usually come from 2 directions....the South; or the West. If it's coming from the South, the rain will hit Dunedin (my hometown); then head straight to Christchurch, missing out Timaru completely! :(

On the other hand, if the Cold Front is coming from the West, it hits the West Coast...and stays there. The precipitation pretty much gets no further; 'cos the Southern Alps blocks the progress of the wet!

So, in honour of all the rain we're missing here...ok, the rain I'M missing...my family isn't nuts about loads of liquid falling from the sky...I've got a friend to make up 2 CDs, with the following songs:

Walking in the Rain - Johnny Ray
Kentucky Rain - Elvis Presley
Raining in my Heart - Buddy Holly
Sunshine, Rainbows and Lollipops - Leslie Gore
Rain - Jose Feliciano
Warmth of the Sun - Beach Boys [a li'l sun now & then!]
The Rain, the Park & Other Things - the Cowsills
Flowers in the Rain - The Move
Who'll stop the Rain? - Credence Clearwater Revival
Rainmaker - the Fifth Dimension
Rain on the Roof - the Lovin' Spoonful
It might as well Rain until September - Carole King
Smoky Mountain Rain - Ronnie Milsap
Laughter in the Rain - Neil Sedaka
Summer Breeze - Seals & Crofts
A Hard Rain's a-gonna Fall - Bryan Ferry
It's Raining Again - Supertramp
Hand in Hand - Dire Straits
Summer Rain - Cliff Richard
Feel like Buddy Holly - Alvin Stardust
It Never Rains - Dire Straits
Mandolin Rain - Bruce Hornsby
I Can't Stand the Rain - the Commitments
The Sun Always Shines on TV - A-ha
Weather With You - Crowded House
Storm Front - Billy Joel
I Wish it Would Rain Down - Phil Collins
Storms in Africa - Enya
Rain - Madonna
It's Raining Men! - Geri Halliwell
Why does it always Rain on me? - Travis

Songs that didn't make the cut (though I wish the first one listed HAD) -
Don't Rain on my Parade - Barbara Streisand
Raindrops keep falling on my head - BJ Thomas
Rainy days and Mondays - the Carpenters
I love a Rainy night - Eddie Rabbit

No comments:

Post a Comment